Oh say, did I get to see you while I was in America?
Maine Maine Maine, and a little Boston blew my mind last week.
I got to see Mom and Jen and Sunnythewonderdog in Maine. There were fireworks on the 4th, boats in the harbor and leaves on the trees. We painted the fence, put the composter together, ran all around, ate delicious ice cream, seafood, goldfish crackers, American snacks and candy, drank the best beers, and just stayed at home and spend wonderful time together.
Its a pretty beautiful part of the world.
Boston was a merry-go-round of seeing everyone I could, eating burritos and brunch (but not burritos for brunch), celebrating Spain's World Cup victory, mourning Holland's loss, drinking the best beers, sweating profusely beneath the heat, watching roofs leak beneath the pounding rain, wandering and wandering and wondering in which directions all our lives are going whether together or separately or if we ever have to choose, and can either pinball across the universe or stay at home for the rest of our lives, making communities out of those loosely knit groups of best-friends-we-could-ever-imagine.
Its the land of the free. Definitely the home of the brave.
Thank you everyone.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Red, white and bad-ass! Love you Josh.
Post a Comment