Saturday, February 7, 2009

whoa, where have you been?

Hey Friendlies and Families

What do I really have to say here? It's been an embarrassingly long time since I last wrote. If you know anything about me, you know that I lived in Boston (Quincy, Brookline, and Somerville)for the last year, and I loved it. I love you, Boston.
Americorps with Generations Incorporated was great, gardening was great, and you friends were great. Thanks.

I moved to Maine for a little while during Winter. I froze, but I got to play with Mom and Sunny the Wonder Dog, so it was worth it.

Now I am in California for a little bit. I got to see a ton of friends, meet Michelle's family, and visit Dad, Tim and the extended Hardester Family.

BUT HERE IS THE BIG NEWS:
In two weeks, on March 10th, I will leave for 2 years of service with Peace Corps in Costa Rica. I didn't choose Costa Rica, but I did choose Latin America, and I chose to be a Children, Youth and Families Volunteer. It is only by incredible coincidence that I will be serving in the same country with my awesome friend Krysta Williams. How great is that?

I hope over the next two years to keep you updated with photos, stories and all kinds of inspiration. Feel free to send me encouraging emails whenever you want.

I love you.

1 comment:

michelle said...

hooray! he's back! (& i spy with my little eye... an elephant in your profile image??)