Wednesday, August 22, 2007

MAINE!

So everyone, I've been living and working here in Camden, Maine since the last time you heard from me. Things have been good. We had a snow storm on Easter, but once summer arrived, Maine really displayed "The Way Life Should Be."

However, Monday August 27, 2007, I leave Maine with York and his father, Peter, on a cross country bicycle journey. We will cross New Hampshire and Vermont before visiting some friends in Ithaca, New York. We will try to get to Buffalo before Sept. 7 so York's dad can fly back to Santa Barbara, CA. From there York and I will continue on, passing Niagara falls before slipping into Canada on our way to the Detroit area. Weaving through the great lakes, we will visit friends in Chicago before heading south to friends' homes in Iowa and Lincoln, Nebraska.

Nebraska is the last stop we have planned. Depending on 1. How cold it is, 2. how much money we have left, 3. where we get invited next, We would like to head north through Boise, Idaho before arriving in Seattle (sometime around the end of October), then finish our trip by following the Oregon and California coast until arriving in Santa Barbara.

We decided to do this because we can do this. Feel free to continue checking this blog as we will update it occasionally (when someone is kind enough to let us use their computer). And we would love little emails of encouragement. Write us at joshua.hardester@gmail.com or york.jennings@gmail.com.

And if you know anyone who would love to host a couple smelly cyclists for a night, we gladly accept invitations.
We love you all. We will hear from you soon.



2 comments:

David said...

I'm looking forward to following the journey via size 12 font! I also like the Don Quijote on a bike picture. Buenos suerte con los molinos!
DRJ

P said...

Happy and safe travels to you both!
See ya in Chicago.