Wednesday, April 4, 2007

the mex, part 1




The pictures: Friends at the game. Sunset in Guad (you get power lines.) A genuine Dominican coffee factory.
I'm not the best photographer.

We're here. Its been a couple of days of speaking spanish to people I understand, walking around in the heat, carrying friends' souvenirs, and just hanging out with friends. Also, we went to a soccer game. Its almost the only thing I want to do for the rest of my life, going to soccer games. Maybe I'll become a professional referee so I can be there all the time. Plus, I think the benefits of that sort of job include travelling a lot. Last night's game was between Chivas and DC United. It was strange rooting against the Americans, but being the only blonde person in the stadium, it was almost more for my own protection. Chivas won 2-1. Woohoo.
Anyways, York and Krysta and Mirena are all doing well. After a week of exploratory investigation in the Dominican Republic, these are good, sturdy friends to come back and recover with. Even without them here, I would feel 100 times more comfortable in Mexico than anywhere else in the world. If you ever hear of some sort of job opening in Mexico, hopefully I'm the first person you think of.
If youre looking for more stories, send me an email at joshua.hardester@gmail.com. I'm not sure what I'm leaving out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great pic of you and the gang at el partido de futbol! lol, sorge-man