Hi friends and Family
Tonight is my last night in Jarabacoa, the Dominican Republic. Yesterday was beautiful so we played baseball with some of the boys. I was surprised at how excited I got about a pick up baseball game with 6 year olds. At the end, I was pretty sweaty... and bummed because my team lost.
Tonight at 330am east cost time, I leave to drive to the airport. my flight leaves at 6am. I arrive in NY at 10ish, wait around all day, and leave for Guadalajara at about 5pm. After a layover in LAX, I arrive to Guad at 545am, April 2. That means I'm going to be traveling for the next 24 hours. Plenty of time for adventure.
This was a good visit. I got to see how SI works and I learned a lot about Dominican culture. I don't know if this is a place I could live in for the rest of my life. I think we all decided that this won't be where I spend the next couple of years, but the directors, who have been awesome, encouraged me to look at other opportunities within SI in other countries like Guatemala and Costa Rica. It changes my timeline a little bit to start thinking about new and different sites, but overall I felt that this was a very encouraging trip.
Tonight, I said goodbye to the interns, a few girls who have been here for the past 3 months and aren't leaving until summer. We just hung out and joked around. Really, they are the only people here my age, so even in only a week we connected quickly. It was a fun last night in town.
When I get to Mexico, I will be sure to post some more photos of waterfalls and the place. Thanks for your prayers while I've been here. Thanks for your emails. More to come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment