Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blood

Hey y'all

This is an email I got from the Red Cross. I don't usually forward mass emails to the bloggy, but I wanted to get the word out and encourage you to do this if you can. I would if I were there. They even give you juice and cookies!    

-Josh 

  

Severe winter weather throughout much of the United States has caused the cancellation of more than 14,000 blood and platelet donations since January 1.

There is a critical need for donors nowIn fact, someone is counting on you at this very moment.  

The Red Cross urges all eligible donors in unaffected areas to make an appointment to give blood or platelets in the coming days, and those in affected areas to donate as soon as travel is safe.   

To make an appointment for a whole blood or double red cell donation, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit us online at redcrossblood.org.  To make an appointment for a platelet donation, click here.

If you are not eligible to donate, please encourage a friend or family member to donate.

Donations will help replenish the blood supply to ensure that blood continues to be available for patients with serious medical needs.



1 comment:

Paul Shin said...

Josh Hardester - for whatever reason, I decided to google your name tonight, and the wonderful interwebs pointed me to this blog. I was pretty sure this was you and confirmed so with one of the pics below. It's really great to see you're doing well. Always - Paul Shin