In my dream last night
I was living alone for the first time, going to a grad school in Chicago. It was the first day of school, I hadn't gone to campus yet to find where my class was, and I was running late because I decided to go grocery shopping in the morning. That task was made more difficult because, in my dream, I was in a wheelchair. I couldnt reach the ATM but then remembered that in America you can get cash back at checkout. I was buying vegetables, cereal, and orange juice.
As I rolled across a park, my wheels fell off. I figured out how to repair the left spokes by using an old radio antennae but I had to use an old wooden stick for my right wheel.
I asked directions in spanish and I had a wheelchair with a peg leg.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make a bamboo bicycle?
I have a friend here who wants to make one, but the only examples Ive found use things like Carbon and Fiberglass.
There do appear to be some other options out there, but well, we're working on getting that information. I dont even know what Im looking for. You go to Cal Poly and what do you decide to study? material engineering? ag business? no. Language. Not helping me right now.
Anyway, thats what im obsessing on for the moment.
I am also dreaming of doing a sort of This Costa Rican Life type of thing. A radio documentary on what life is like in Costa Rica, for Costa Ricans. Im noticing that a lot of people in my community dont like to leave their homes or really interact with their neighbors, but every house has a radio blaring. So maybe, if we could squeaze a little blurb from real life in between the reggaeton chaos, we could get people to start thinking outside their bubble. Does anyone know of any interesting spanish podcasts?
I need something new to do.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment