Sometimes I don't know why I'm here, but career development definitely
wasnt the motivation. But sometimes I wonder, when I'm surrounded by
people from my community who have 2-3 times the work ethic that I'll
ever have, how this makes any sense.
This whole experience of going out and living in some crazy place,
sacrificing and serving, if you think of it that way, is going to help
me. I get that. I am learning a lot. I will be stronger because of it.
I don't understand why, if one of these people came to the US, having
grown up in this crazy place, knowing sacrifice like clenched fists,
willing to serve till they drip blood, why would they be so rejected?
Why would the government try to keep them out? Why wouldn't companies
hire them? Why would neighbors look at them suspect, and talk shit
about them? Why with all our beloved diversity, would we have such a
hard time understanding them? Why aren't we interested in them at all?
1 comment:
Passion and compassion are not easily listed on one's resume, unless someone takes the time to read between the lines. It is clear that God has plans for you and has helped you see the hearts of these people.
"Do not let kindness and truth leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good repute in the sight of God and man."
Proverbs 3:3-4
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment