Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fwd: Peace Corps




Yo Fans

I leave for Peace Corps service tomorrow!
This is something Ive wanted to do since I was 8 years old. I don't know why
stories of foreign countries have always been so fascinating, or why the
poorest of the poor always seemed to know something that couldn't be
learned from home. I don't know what it was inside of me that pushed
me toward working with children, and if you know anything about me,
you know there is no reason why I ended up studying Spanish at Cal
Poly. It all just ended up happening. Blessings have opened up
wonderful opportunities, which in turn have led me to incredible
blessings. It is my goal to share that with other people. I want to
meet new people and learn from them, play with kids and laugh with
them, and live in communities and share with them.

These next two years will be spent in Costa Rica, where I have been
assigned to work with Children, Youth and Families. I know very little
at this point, but I will be sure to keep you updated through the next
few days and weeks.

I love you. I will miss you all.
Feel free to write as often as you can. I would love to have notes of
encouragement waiting for me when I get a chance to read mail.

Also, in this time before I leave, everyone who I have been lucky
enough to visit has expressed their best wishes for me. I feel blessed
to have friends and family who care so much for me. Thank you all.
But, in those situations, i always feel awkward reciprocating the
wishes. Seriously though, I hope over the next two years that you are
watched over  by God and supported by these same friends and families.
I hope that I too can be an encouraging friend even from so far away.
I would love to hear about whatever you are up to, and help however I
can.  Now, go change the world where you live, and enjoy every minute
of it.

Talk to you soon.



--
joshuahardester.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, don't i feel inspired! :) there should be motivational movie montage music playing behind this post - preferably from the 80s.

you're going to do great things. and tell us really funny stories about it all as it happens. deal? deal.

(also... you should mention that the picture is actually of a poster you've had for years. it's certainly not some nickel n dime image you stole from a google search. no sir.)